Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The aim of WolframAlpha is to collect and curate all objective data; implement every known model, method, and algorithm; and make it possible to compute whatever can be computed about anything.
Examples from WolframAlpha
- WolframAlpha Blog
Have you ever given up working on a maths problem because you couldn’t figure out the next step? Wolfram|Alpha can guide you step by step through the process of solving many mathematical problems, from solving a simple quadratic equation to taking the integral of a complex function.
- Wolfram MathWorld
* The MathWorld Classroom provides a set of pop-up "capsule summaries" for more than 300 mathematical terms.
* Extensive citations to books and journal articles, many of which are active hyperlinks.
* Thousands of downloadable Mathematica notebooks.
* Several types of interactive entries, including LiveGraphics3D applets for interactive three-dimensional geometry.
* A powerful full-text search engine with both basic and advanced searching capabilities.
- Khan Academy
- What started out as a young man (Sal) making a few algebra videos for his cousins has grown to over 2,100 videos and 100 self-paced exercises and assessments covering everything from arithmetic to physics, finance, and history. The Khan Academy's materials and resources are available to you completely free of charge. A must see for all Mathematics teachers.
- Thinking Mathematics
Thinking Mathematics! content to school mathematics for middle school,
high school and beyond.
- Maths Games
Games for younger and older students which you can use for extension or revision.
- Maths, Physics & Engineering Applets
Java applets to illustrate various concepts
- World Maths Day
Free, online maths competition where students compete against one another in a quest to answer the most maths questions in 24 hours.
- Illuminations - Resources for Teaching Maths
Create the image you want, then export it as a PDF activity sheet for your students or as a JPEG image.
- Maths Podcasts
Podcasts on all kinds of maths topics from the Mathematical Association of American
- Math DL
MAA Mathematical Sciences digital library, freely accessible.
- Interactive Mathematics
These lesson plans explore mathematics using Flash, Scientific Notebook and LiveMath.
- Math Monday
In a partnership between the Museum of Mathematics and Make: Online, George Hart writes a weekly column discussing fun, experiential, and puzzling topics in mathematics. Collected here are the Math Monday posts from past weeks.
The Top Ten List of Algebra Mistakes
Books in the CBL
You will find relevant books on this topic at the following Dewey number locations:
Add up to two decent books here from the College Catalogue
Preliminary General Mathematics