Science Online includes topics on Biology; Chemistry; Computer Science; Earth Science; Environmental Science; Forensic Science; Marine Science; Mathematics; Physics; Space and Astronomy; and Weather and Climate.
New Scientist The Christopher Brennan Library has an online subscription to New Scientist. Ask your friendly librarian for the logon details to gain access. The latest issue (not for loan) and past issues are available in print form in the library.
Google Search Tips
- Use 3-4 keywords as your search terms and always include quotation marks around your phrase.
- Add "au" at the end to keep the search within Australia
For example: "tambourine bay park OR reserve" au
- Use synonyms for your search terms. For example: trash OR litter OR rubbish OR garbage
- Search all of Google. Be sure to check: Images; Videos; News; and Maps once you have completed your Google search
Lane Cove Library is an excellent starting point for your local research. The library has an extensive collection of local area books, historic images and leaflets.
Search "Tambourine Bay Reserve OR Park" in the online library catalogue.
Click on the hyperlinks to assist your research on environmental problems and current solutions:
- Read what the Council is currently doing as part of their Bushcare Program.
National Geographic Planet or Plastic:
- Planet or Plastic? is National Geographic's multiyear effort to raise awareness about the global plastic trash crisis. Come to this page often to learn more, find out what you can do to reduce your own single-use plastics.
Australian Government National Pollutant Inventory (NPI):
- Solutions to pollution from the Australian government.
Plastic Pollution: Changing the Game on Plastic
- An article from the Sydney Morning Herald 5 June 2018. Highlights five Australian companies that are creating solutions to environmental problems.
Australian Academy of Science:
- The growing - and growing - problem of microplastic in our ocean This article outlines how the plastic fibres in clothing are causing problems in our marine environments.
Click on the image to read about Plastic Pollution Solutions. An Australian initiative helping to raise awareness and rid the world of plastic. Lots of good research on the plastic problem as well as solutions.
This video was published on YouTube on 30 May 2012. by Freya Noble This is a short current affairs piece for UTS Journalism on the rehabilitation of Tambourine Bay/Warraroon Reserve Lane Cove.