Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research and Study Skills
Top 10 Study Tips
Top 10 Study Tips by Youth Central (Victorian Government's website for young people)
- Pick a place - Set up your study space and find your best time
- Study every day
- Plan your time - set alarms, use wall planners, make to-do lists, set time limits
- Discover your learning style - auditory learners, visual learners, tactile/kinesthetic learners
- Review and revise - quiz, make your own study materials
- Take breaks
- Ask for help - ask teachers and fellow students
- Stay motivated - stay focused on goals
- App it up
- Look after yourself - eat well and exercise
The CRAAP Test Worksheet - use the following list to help you evaluate sources.
The Inquiry Process
2013 Education: Inquiry : Ontario Inquiry Model K-12, , Kingston, Ontario, Canada, accessed 10 September 2013, <http://library.queensu.ca/research/guide/education-inquiry/model>.
https://elearninginfographics.com/a-5-step-reading-strategy-for-students-infographic/, accessed 13 March 2019
Elevate Education provides practical advice on putting together a realistic study timetable and strategies on how to make it work for you. A digital copy of the study timetable can be found here.
Study Skills Handbook
Ask you Head of House or friendly Librarian for login details to access the Study Skills Handbook.
Elevate Education Ask your Head of House or friendly Librarian for a password to access further content.
You can create an account and tailor your preferences, such as selecting subject-specific content.
HSC Study Guides
HSC Study Guides are located in the Christopher Brennan Library and are available for loan.