Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Biography & Bibliography
Kazu Kibuishi is an Japanese-American graphic novel author and illustrator. He is best known for being the creator and editor of the comic anthology Flight and for creating the webcomic Copper. He is also the author and illustrator of the ongoing Amulet series.
Born in Tokyo, Japan, Kazu Kibuishi moved to the U.S. with his mother and brother when he was a child.
He enrolled in the University of California to study a film degree, however his career as an illustrator began when he started writing comics for the university’s newspaper.
Kibuishi is married to fellow illustrator and collaborator Amy Kim Ganter.
- Daisy Kutter: The Last Train (2005)
- Flight - an anthology of comics series edited by Kazu – to date there are 8 volumes.
- Copper (2010)
- Explorer Series
- The Mystery Boxes (2012)
- The Lost Islands (20130
- The Hidden Doors (2014)
- The Stonekeeper (2008)
- The Stonekeeper’s Curse (2009)
- The Cloud Searchers (2010)
- The Last Council (2011)
- Prince of the Elves (2012)
- Escape from Lucien (2014)
- Firelight (2016)
- Supernova (2018)
- The Rema Chronicles Book One: Realm of the Blue Mist (2022)
A Flight anthology review